CaRE! Conservation and REstoration 2017 Conference – you are invited!
[Announcement] PTC Conference on Ceramic Materials
Polish Association od Ceramics invites to Polish-Slovakian-Chinese Seminar on application of modern techniques in archeological research and collection care. The event will take place on 13-16 September 2017 in Zakopane, Poland. The seminar is accompanied by workshops with presentations of new imaging techniques and non-destructive methods of analysis of ceramics.
Flyer (in Polish) – PTCer-konferencja
Call for posters and presentations is open.
More information: http://www.ptcer.pl/pl/konferencje
Call for papers for the 2nd issue of ICAR 1-31 of March 2017
Selected authors will be invited to send full texts of papers.
In case of questions write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the date! More info soon.
We are excited to announce:
International Conference ”CARE! Conservation and REstoration Conference 2017”, 11-12 of May 2017, Warsaw/Poland.
Faculty of Conservation and Restoration of Works of Art of the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw
”ICAR – International Journal of Young Conservators and Restorers of Works of Art”
Very soon we will create a submenu dedicated to the Conference here, on our website. Stay tuned for more details, which will be posted also on Facebook.
Happy Holidays from ICAR Team!
Instruction – How to respond to reviews
An obligatory reading for authors – >> instruction-how-to-response-to-reviews <<
You will learn from it details about our peer-reviewing process, how to correct and edit the paper according to reviewers’ remarks and other useful information about general rules of academic practice regarding reviewing.
Dear Reviewers and Authors, we uploaded to public the Review form which can be found on the Peer-reviewing policy page.
How long should my paper be?
Dear Authors, when you were reading our Editorial Guidelines you encountered a limit for characters count set to 30 000. Here are some remarks on this issue.
– Don’t confuse characters count with words count. 30 000 characters make roughly 5000-6000 words.
– A page of text with standard formatting counts 1800 characters. Consequently – 30 000 characters make 16 pages of text (not including illustrations).
Why we made the limit relatively high?
To enable you to benefit from publishing in ICAR no matter of specific local regulations of receiving points for publication in a journal.
We encourage you to make sure that your local body responsible for giving points for publications doesn’t set a minimal character/words count.
It’s not obligatory for every country/institution to have it, maybe your’s doesn’t. Yet it’s still a good idea to check when you still have some time to adjust the length of your article.
Example (Polish Authors, please note!) – to have a research paper counted as a “publication” and collect points for it, according to regulations from the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education, it has to exceed 20 000 characters.
Final results of the abstracts selection!
The Scientific Council has finished the selection of abstracts. Each of you have received an e-mail with the result and comments on your abstracts made by the Scientific Council. Heartly congratulations for everyone that submitted abstracts for the first issue of ICAR!
Now, the 28 Authors whose abstracts passed our two-stage selection process are supposed to send us the following documents until the 14th of August 2016 (11.59 PM) at email@example.com:
1. Your Article, that meets all the requirements included in Editorial Guidelines.
2. Shorter version of abstract of your article that will be printed before the main text – requirements are included in the Editorial Guidelines.
3. Permission from authors of images/tables/graphs to publish them within your article – it is a list of images/tables/graphs, with captions from your article, with a signature from their authors that proves that you are allowed to publish them.
4. Licence to publish – altough your Licences were filled correctly, we have to ask you to adjust some details. Please advice to the example of filled Licence and compare it with the one you sent us in May. If there are any differences, please sent us the Licence with final corrections.
We kindly request the authors that passed selection to confirm receiving all the information.
Selection of abstracts – update
Dear Authors, we are almost done with selection, right now we are collecting the last evaluation cards. As soon as we get them we will e-mail all the authors the results. Just a few more days of patience.
Authors of the 28 abstracts that pass this stage of selection will be invited to send full texts of papers.